Friday, April 16, 2010

week 1

As I mentioned in my last post I started the Couch-to-5K training this week and feel more determined then ever to keep up with it. Monday's run I didn't watch the interval times as closely as I could have. I did my one lap warm up and then ran half a lap walked half a lap for my 20-25 min I felt strong and energized and really great considering it's been months since I last ran. Tuesday I walked to the store and back with the kids (about a 30-40 minute walk) and then went out with my sister in the evening and mostly walked but did a couple of spurts of running in there. All day Wednesday I was pumped to get out there. I followed a tutorial on how to make a playlist that would switch songs at each interval and carefully selected the songs I wanted. I was so excited I started my first few runs too fast which made pacing myself for the rest really hard but I FINISHED and ran all the running intervals. Phew. I'm still feeling it a bit two days later but I'm starting to get pumped again about my run tonight. Yesterday was basically a rest day for me, although I did walk over to my sister-in-law's for a visit in the afternoon, but I'm glad I decided to take it easy because today I have that itch to run and I'm not sure I would have if I had pushed myself to go out last night. Hopefully tonight's run will be a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment