Sunday, April 18, 2010

What have I spent my evening doing?

Why hula hooping of course! now you may be thinking say what!? I'm not talking about the small light hoops you can get at any toy store. I stumbled upon a link to a tutorial for making your own adult sized hoops and let me tell you it was super simple and fast to make one. Mine isn't pretty like some but I may spurge on some fancy tape one of these days, anyways back on topic. Wooo boy does it get your heart pumping! I can definitely see why this is a work out and why you would want to do it. Super FUN! Ok I'll stop with the exclamation points but I am weirdly excited about this.

On the running front, Friday's run did go a little better and i think a was able to pace myself but man oh man my calves and shins were really unhappy. The muscles in my calves felt like they were being wound tighter and tighter. It made running really uncomfortable but still do-able. in the back of my mind I'm worrying that it's something serious but I'm trying to stay calm and tell myself it's just my muscles getting used to the new activity. The last thing I want is an injury that would put me out of commision. I move on to week 2 of the C25K training so I'll assess how I'm feeling during my run on monday and may just have to modify my intervals a bit for a while. We'll see. I'm looking forward to my run tomorrow though, sore shins and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment